Wednesday, April 2, 2014

WIP Wednesday 4.2.2014

It is now April...where oh where does the time go?

Don't get me wrong, April is one of my favorite months as it's my Birthday and Spring finally appears. Yet, it is hard to believe that a quarter of 2014 is now over.  

Yet, I do have Works in Progress, so it has been time well spent.

I finished two Great Granny Blocks for my LouBee bee.  I actually made three; but the first turned into a reject block {unintentionally} as the sizing was off. Yet, my good friend, Mary Claire put it to good use as a potholder instead.  Speaking of which...have you seen Mary Claire's Easy Mitered Corner Napkin tutorial? It's pretty great.





These will be added to the other 14 blocks my LouBee ladies have made, and turned into a quilt; which will either be donated to charity, or auctioned off amongst our group and the $$ given to charity. We haven't decided yet.

This past weekend, I was able to piece together an Improv quilt that I am making for boss...Shhh! There was a part of me that really, really wanted to keep this quilt once I saw the top come together; but the moment has now passed as there are too many other shiny things to occupy my time.




The quilting on this will likely happen sometime this weekend or the next then it will be photographed and properly gifted.  

I'm linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced, head on over and see what everyone else is up to.



-- Kristy

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Love your granny squares! What fun colors.

sarah elizabeth :: {no} hats said...

I agree -- how are we in month 4 of 12 already?! Ah! In other news, I really love those granny blocks :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...