Wednesday, March 27, 2013

WIP Wednesday - March 27th, 2013


It's been quite a while since I participated in WIP Wednesday over at Freshly Pieced, and while I have a few moments this morning I figured I would join in on the fun.

So, what have I been working on, well.................. 

I finished a smallish quilt that I named Tipsy Triangles and wrote an accompanying block tutorial. 


Just click on the image below to be taken there in a flash.

 
 
Finally started on my next quilt pattern; which I've named U-TURN.  If all goes well, it should be ready at the end of April.  I'm using some of the Eclipse line from Timeless Treasures
 


And I also started this...


While it might look like I'm doing cross stitch, I'm actually in the beginning stages of a large scale Pixel Quilt.  Thanks to my good friend, Lynne, who introduced me to Pic2Pat.com, I'm on my way.  I uploaded my image, got the DMC floss equivilents and figured at 39cents a piece it was worth getting the floss so I could better compare it to my Kona Color Card. 

I bought several 1/4 yd cuts of solds at SewMamaSew, and once all of my color decisions are made I'll be purchasing my yardage from them too.

What's coming up, well I'm definately looking forward to this weekend, as it's our guild's first Sew-In Saturday for 2013, twelve solid hours of quilting, fun and friends.  There's even going to be a Free-Motion Quilting Class taught by the amazingly talented Cindy.  I haven't a clue what I'm going to work on; but I'll leave that decision for later in the week.

Happy Wednesday!

7 comments:

Gina said...

I'm especially interested in your Pixel Quilt. I've been toying with the idea ever since I read about it on Lynne's blog. I am thinking about a small scale cross stitch project featuring our grand dog, Ozzie. I am very curious as to what you have in mind!

Jenny Squawk said...

I'm doing a pixel quilt, too! Your Tipsy Triangles are very modestly off, barely notice it but notice it just enough. Don't know how to describe it other than I like it.

Lynne said...

Ach! And, you're not going to tell us who it is, are you??? I'm DYING to know, now! :D

Nancy, Near Philadelphia said...

One of your friendly pattern testers is looking forward to U-Turn!

mamaraby said...

I love the Tipsy Triangles!

Casey York said...

Love Tipsy Triangles, and can't wait to see the pixel quilt!

jeifner said...

How exciting. I'm loving the pixel quilts I've seen so far and can't wait to see yours! And the tipsy's pretty :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...