Monday, February 11, 2013

QuiltCon Preparation

As QuiltCon draws closer, I'm trying to sort out exactly what it is that I need to sew or pull together to help make my experience a little easier.

For starters, I'm taking 2 workshops and each has a list of supplies; which of course means that I'll need something to carry those supplies in.  Originally, I was thinking Amy Butler's Weekender Tote; but maybe Anna Maria Horner's Art Student Tote would be better this time around.  I haven't made either before and only have a week to do so.  No pressure.



 
 
One thing I don't have to worry about is a Lanyard.  While a simple lanyard will presumably be handed out at QuiltCon, I already have an awesome one made by my dear friend, Lynne.  It was a gift when we visited Spring Quilt Market in Kansas City last year.  I'm sure if you look on Pinterest or Google you can find a tutorial for how to make one of your own.
 

 
Now,  I've been to my fair share of trade shows or similiar events.  One thing that you should always have is business/networking cards.  You never know who you will run into, and besides it's sort of like in highschool, when everyone "traded" those namecards with their Senior Photos.  I placed an order last week with VistaPrint for mine; but there are lots of other options including something call Moo Cards; which are fun too.  And if shipping is a concern, you can always do what I did for years, use a template on Microsoft Word or another software program and print them yourself. 
 
 
I'm looking forward to meeting those that I've connected with online, and lots of new people too.  Make sure that if you see me, you smile and wave.  I'll do the same, and then we'll trade "namecards"...Hahaha!
 
Happy Monday!  
 
 


4 comments:

Holly said...

Thanks for sharing your namecards, Kristy! I'm going to go the Word template route this week and I'm happy to see how you've laid it out. I think I'll include my city as well, cause people may very well remember me as that woman who came all the way from Vancouver, Canada to go to QuiltCon!

Hannah said...

I've heard that the Weekender is an absolute nightmare to sew, at least the first time through. I bet the AMH bag is a much more pleasant sewing experience.

Gina said...

I'm sure you're up to the challenge of whipping up a tote to take to QuiltCon. Can't wait to see what you create! So sweet of Lynne to make you a one-of-a-kind lanyard:-)

Pile O Fabric said...

It was great to meet you :) Alyssa (Pile O Fabric)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...