Wednesday, January 23, 2013

WIP Wednesday - January 23rd, 2013

Here I am again linking up with Freshly Pieced's WIP Wednesday...WooHoo!!

Let's start with something pretty shall we...

 
These wonderful scissors came courtesy of a belated Christmas gift from a dear Friend.  Oh, she knows me too well.  This will definately brighten up the mundane task of cutting threads.
 
 
 
Next up is a super colorful fabric that I found at Jo-Ann's recently.  It's from Alexander Henry and called "masara".  I found two other coordinating prints; but this was my favorite.  I brought home a few yards as I plan to use it for a backing for one of my scrappy WIP that you saw here.
 

 
 
 
Finally, I made two blocks for Val, PinkPlease!, as part of her Heros Helping Heros Call for Blocks.  You can find her tutorial here to create your very own Wonky Improv Circle Blocks.  She will be turning these into a quilt; that will be auctioned off to support The Heros Foundation, a cancer philanthrophy located in Indiana.  The quilt she made last year, thanks to generous block donations, raised $1000.
 
 

 
 
Thanks for visiting, now head on over to Lee's blog and check out some of the others linking up.
 
 
 
 
Happy Wednesday!!!


7 comments:

Jessica Kelly said...

Great blocks, and those scissors are seriously adorable!!

Mali said...

Oooh curved lines. Always so ambitious! Beautiful blocks and scissors.

Esch House Quilts said...

Amazing scissors! Love your blocks too.

Chez Roo said...

Those circle blocks are awesome!

Gemma Jackson said...

Great blocks and very pretty scissors!

jeifner said...

Pretty scissors! I Love that fabric! I was at Joann's the other day looking for AH fabrics and didn't see this. I hope I can find some.

~ Val @ PinkPlease! ~ said...

Kristy, the blocks are amazing! Thanks so much for helping me out!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...