Friday, January 25, 2013

Spilling Just a Few More Secrets...

So in Thursday's post "Spilling Secrets...Bridges & Tunnels" I shared with you all the quilt that I created for Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine.



What you may or may not know is that Modern Quilts Unlimited is a Platinum Sponsor of QuiltCon.



QuiltCon is the first inaugural conference for Modern Quilters, held this year in Austin, Texas. 

Have I lost you yet?  No...that's good.

Now it turns out that Modern Quilts Unlimited (and other larger Sponsors) were asked to select a few Presenters or Demonstrators.   These "Demonstrators" will be hosting sessions in the Vendor Hall during QuiltCon, giving those in attendance the opportunity to learn something along with shopping all the wonderful vendors, checking out the Quilt Show, etc. 

Here's where it gets "mind-blowing"...I'm one of the Presenters.  Yep, little ol' me! 

If you check out the QuiltCon website, under Demonstration Schedule...you'll find this.



I'll be there at 12:30pm on Thursday, February 21st...the first day of the show, trying not to hyperventilate (just kidding...well maybe) as I discuss my design process and how I created the Bridges & Tunnels Quilt.

 
 
I do hope that you'll stop by if you are at the show, as I'd like to fill a few chairs :-)
 
There are LOTS and I mean LOTS of other things happening during QuiltCon.
Make sure that if you haven't checked out the website lately, you do so.
Also make sure that you check out all of the wonderful Presenters/Demonstrators.
 

Happy Friday!!

8 comments:

Gina said...

Kudos to you for the published pattern and for being selected to share your inspiration at QuiltCon. Very exciting!!

Mary Ellen said...

Well,I guess there is no doubt that I will see you there! I know we are both attending, but it's always dicey running into someone you know with all the crowds. Congrats! And relax, you will do fine. You are a natural.

Casey York said...

This is fantastic, Kristy! Congratulations! And don't worry--Mary Ellen is right and you will do great!

Jackie Russell said...

Congratulations! This is wonderful news, just think of it as a presentation to our quild you will do great!

chrissy o said...

I'll be there filling a seat! You will do great Kristy and you are truly an inspiration! Congrats, girl, how exciting!!

Annie said...

Wowsers! I didn't know I knew a celebrity! Congrats to a VERY deserving gal!

Miss Nancy said...

Congratulations! Well done! Well deserved! I know you will do well. Wish I could be there.

Have a super great sewing and stitching day!

Holly said...

This is awesome, Kristy! I guess you have to add your presentation to your scheduling spreadsheet, eh? ;)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...