Sunday, November 11, 2012

Paper-Pieced Pillow - Done

Some time ago I signed up to participate in the 9th round of Pillow Talk Swap, one of my favorite swaps on Flickr. This will be the 4th time that I've participated and I love it because...well, who wouldn't love an awesome pillow for their place. 

This go around I tried a little (scratch-that) ALOT of Paper Piecing, courtesy of this book which I checked out from my local library.  Don't you just love the library.


If you like paper-piecing and paper-pieced stars, I highly recommend this book. 

Now, onto what I made.

It all started with this.  This "set" was a pain as it was the first;
but it got smoother and faster as I went along.
 

After I completed 4 sets, this is what I had. 
I was glad that I stuck with it.
 

This is the back of the pillow "front". 
It's a bad photo overall; but does show the quilting
 
========================
And here is the finished pillow


 
This will be mailed off to it's new owner this week :-)

4 comments:

Patchwork and Play said...

I love the colours you've used! And I love my library too! I don't think it has that book though!

Cindy said...

I love your star block! Beautiful pillow and great pictures too!

Mary Ellen said...

Wow!. Spectacular. Did this inspire you to make an entire quilt from paper piecing?

Jennie said...

Any good paper piecing tutorials out in cyber-land? I don't quite understand the concept... :-P But very impressive results!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...