Tuesday, October 23, 2012

October's Quilt Blocks

This weekend I finished my bee blocks for the do.Good.Stitches bee, (Trust Circle).  Amber asked us to make Wonky star blocks using pink as the base and white for the stars.  A tutorial can be found here


She asked one of our members to volunteer to make a special star block that was different in shape, color, overall look, etc.  I volunteered and made the below block; sort of a scrappy twist on the above.  I used a similiar concept as the tutorial; but rather then start with just a single fabric, I made little patchwork pieces; which I in turn cut into.  I think it turned out "different enough"...and hopefully fits what Amber was envisioning.



----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In other news, I finished my 2nd Quilt Pattern this weekend too.  The pattern is called INDEX.  I used a Jelly Roll from Liz Scott titled Domestic Bliss and I couldn't be happier with the results.


I have ALOT of Family, Friends and wonderful Pattern Testers to Thank; as I couldn't have done it without them.  Check back here on Sunday as I share the quilt, start off a week-long Blog Hop and have a Giveway too.


2 comments:

Jodi said...

Love your star block and am looking forward to your blog hop and quilt pattern!

amber said...

Kristy! Your blocks are perfect! Thank you!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...