Sunday, October 14, 2012

Make it through October

Sorry for the lack of blog posts lately; but I've been buried under so much STUFF, that I could barely see the light at the end of the tunnel.  All I keep telling myself is just "Make it through October"...or in the words of Dory, "just keep swimming".

It's just been one thing after another between super long hours at the job, illness, deadlines, etc.

I'm happy to report that as of 3pm today, I've finished one of the BIG things on my list...the quilt and accompanying pattern that I made for Modern Quilts Unlimited's 2nd issue (due out in February). 

===================================================
 
In the meantime, I did want to share a quick photo of another Antique Mall treasure that I found a while ago; but forgot to share with you all.  I came across this old sewing table in a local Antique Mall booth, that just so happened to be having a 50% off sale.  I knew this little guy needed some work; but for the low-low price of $35 it was worth it...even if I had no real plans except to "Save It".
 
 
The bones were still good; but it needed a good cleaning, sanding, tightening up...and I despised those handles; they were the first thing to go.  Fast forward a couple of weeks and my Dad dropped this off to me.  Isn't it a beauty?
 



2 comments:

Nicola said...

What a wonderful find.

Jackie Russell said...

Congratulations on your pattern in Modern Quilts unlimited! I can't wait for the first copy to arrive and looking forward to seeing your pattern in the second one. Great antique find too.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...