Wednesday, September 26, 2012

The Postman Delivers

Look what the Postman delivered today...




I received this wonderful pouch from Melanie, as part of the Pretty Little Pouch Swap -R.5
It is filled with lovely little things just for ME. 

  • The scrappy factor...I just adore that
  • The letter K
  • The text fabric
  • The houses....apropos for someone who "Loves Old Houses"
  • And if you look close on the top photo, you'll see some bunnies peeking out...Eeeee!
She included some wonderful extras too; which I didn't take a photo of because let's be honest they already made their way into my studio.

-------------------------------------------------

If that wasn't enough to make a girl smile, I received a box from United Notions today; and inside was this...



It's Malka Dubrawsky's newest collection from Moda, called Simple Marks.  You can't even buy this in stores yet, they cut it directly from the same bolts they cut their sales swatches.  Isn't that exciting!

So, what am I doing with this.  Well, you might remember me saying in my last post that I was collaborating with Modern Quilts Unlimited on a quilt for their 2nd magazine issue.  This is the fabric that I'm using, and let me tell you the photo doesn't do the vibrant colors justice. 

This could not have arrived at a better time, since I have a Sew-In this Saturday with the STLMQG.

-----------------------------------------------

And of course I actually finished something too this week.  I made these two blocks as part of the do.Good.Stitches Bee on Flickr; which is a charitable quilting bee that makes a quilt a month and donates it to a child in need.





This month, we were asked to make two blocks using this tutorial.  The blocks went together super fast and I can't wait to see them all together.

Okay, that's this week's update.  Wish me luck on that To-Do List!

1 comments:

Melissa said...

Your pouch is beautiful as are the fabrics! Welcome to the Trust Circle - we are all happy to have you :) (CraftyMamaD)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...