Wednesday, June 27, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 6/27/12

It's that time once again to join up with Lee's weekly WIP Wednesday link up.  If you haven't visited Freshly Pieced yet, what are you waiting for. 


First up, when I was in KC last month, I scored these Bella Charm Packs.  They've been sitting on my table taunting me with their loveliness; but I didn't have a plan...until now.


It might not look like much; but don't be fooled.  You see, I've been wanting to try a Disappearing Nine-Patch quilt for a while now; but of course I couldn't just make it "normal".  I wanted to modernize it a little...I know, why tweak a good thing; but let me tell you, it turned out pretty cool.  I'm hoping to have it done in the next few weeks and will be sharing a Tutorial/Ride-Along so you can make your own if you choose.



 
Next up, I'm participating in the Christmas in July Block-A-Thon...have you heard about it yet?


Well, you see some weeks back, they asked the group of us if someone would volunteer to put together the actual quilt that all of the Bloggers had made blocks for.  I thought "Why Not?" and figuratively raised my hand.  So, I've been working with FreeSpirit Fabrics to coordinate block deliveries and will soon be starting the piecing.  While the finished quilt will be revealed on August 13th; you don't have to wait that long to get in on the fun.  The Block-A-Thon kicks off next week.  If you'd like to join along, hit up the FreeSpirit Fabrics blog and join the Flickr group too. A little birdie tells me there will be giveaways too.

If that wasn't enough, I'm still working on two much-belated Wedding presents too.  Here's what I have so far, for the one. 

*Please ignore the ugly carpet*


Finally, on a personal note.  Another local quilt guild has asked me to give a Modern Quilting Presentation to their membership.  I'll be doing a Workshop the following Saturday too for their members.  WooHoo!!!

Okay, now head on over to Freshly Pieced's blog and check out some of the others participating in today's WIP Wednesday.

4 comments:

Jackie Russell said...

I can't wait to see your tweaked D9P.

Cyndi loves to stitch said...

geese and mystery...can't wait.

Amy said...

Very nice WIP's! Love the flying geese.

Angie said...

You are a tease!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...