Wednesday, May 9, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 5/9/12

It's been nearly a month since I participated in WIP Wednesday; but I have lots to show this time around...just been so busy at work that I haven't had proper time to share.  Let's start with some bee blocks that I finished.

The first two are Jessica's request for our Lou Bee "Bee".  She provided the neutrals and asked for pleating and a pop of color.



Up next was April's block for the do.Good.Stitches TRUST Circle Bee.  Tutorial here in case you want to make one yourself.


 
Now, how about some actual Works in Progress, eh? 

So, some months back I happened to be on Twitter and came across an open call for Bloggers who wanted to participate in John's (aka QuiltDad's) Blogger's Blockapalooza (Round 2).  You might remember Round 1 here.  Well, I signed up and was accepted...YAY!  FreeSpirit Fabrics sent me the following FQs which I am to use in my block.  This is just a quick sneakpeek; because nothing is being revealed until July.


Finally, I wanted to share with you something that has taken way longer then necessary; but I kept getting cold feet because so many of my dear friends helped me create this and I didn't want to ruin their lovely work.  You see, I mentioned earlier that I was part of the Lou Bee "Bee".  There are 9 of us and each month we create 2 blocks for one another.  I started us off last Summer and requested "Confetti" blocks with a neutral base and pops of Red/Yellow/Orange. 
Well, I got down to work two weeks ago and as expected I tried to overthink it.  Finally I just went with it and sashed each of the blocks with the same neutrals and did a little bit of scrappy sashing as well.  I think it turned out really well and I can't wait to show off the quilt top at this weekend's STLMQG meeting.   


Now, if I can only decide how I want to quilt this puppy up.

Well, that's it for now...clearly alot has been happening and I'm just now getting around to talking about it.  Head on over to check out the other WIP Wednesday's participants.

 

Oh, and PS...there is a little Blog Hop happening giving you 3 chances to win
my first quilt pattern, MAZED

20 comments:

Lynne said...

That is one FINE looking quilt top!

felicity said...

Oh, my! I love your bee quilt!

Amy said...

Love the Confetti quilt! Just Beautiful!

Molly said...

love those arrows- and the confetti quilt is perfect- well done!

Live a Colorful Life said...

Love love LOVE your confetti blocks! And yay for being part of Blockapalooza. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Kristy QP said...

The confetti quilt looks fantastic! Loving the grey background.

Kelly said...

Love that confetti quilt!

Aubrie S said...

Beautiful neutral blocks! I never would've thought to include pleats in a quilt block--another wonderful way to add texture. Thanks for sharing!

Carla said...

I love your confetti quilt. Lucky you : )

capitolaquilter said...

The confetti quilt is terrific. I'm so happy that Blockapalooza round 2 will be happening. I've been lobbying for it ever since round 1 ended. That QAL is what got me hooked on flickr and blogging. Congrats on being chosen.

Debbie said...

LOVE your confetti quilt! So awesome!

Jessica said...

Love that confetti! I can understand your cold feet, I'm sure it will be fabulous whatever you decide :-)

The Thompsons said...

Love the blocks and that quilt top is beautiful! Have fun quilting!

Salamanda's Scrappy Adventures said...

The blocks are stunning and the confetti quilt top is gorgeous.

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Nice blocks...but I love the quilt!!

Chez Roo said...

Your confetti quilt is stunning - love the colours!

Kelly Smith said...

Ohh I love your confetti quilt top! I can't wait to see it at the meeting!! Congrats on being accepted into Blockapalooza round 2!

Amanda said...

I love your confetti top...what a fun idea!

Kwiltz by Stephanie said...

I'm inspired! Thanks!!!

lemony lucy said...

I so love this quilt. I finally officially followed your blog, I need a machine to remember it for me. You should have heard my trying to describe your blog and blog name to my cousin without my computer in front of me. You would have been embarrassed at me :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...