Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday - 4/11/2012

It's been a while since I've been able to participate in WIP Wednesday...not because I haven't had lots of works in progress; but because my blogging has been sporatic the last month or so due to a "secret at the time" project I was working on.  I'll tell you more about that later.

If you haven't linked up to Freshly Pieced WIP Wednesday, head over there and check it out.


First up are two long-time Works in Progress that I've been bringing to my STLMQG Sew-In Saturdays, hoping to eventually finish them.  A few weeks ago, I made BIG progress on both of them.


This is Elizabeth Hartman's Small Plates Quilt from her book, Practical Guide to Patchwork. I switched it up a bit utilizing more solid fabric then she asks for; but it allowed me to stretch the Jelly Rolls and Charm Packs I had of Anna Maria Horner's Innocent Crush line.  I have a few rows sewn together and hope to finish the top at the next Sew-In Saturday.


This is an Improv piece that I've been working on after seeing several Improv pieces on Flickr.  I've really expanded my Improv-vocabulary and have enjoyed making these blocks.  I don't know how much bigger this quilt is gonna be, I have enough blocks to make it about 48x60 now.

Finally, the project that has been taking up sooooooo much of my time lately is finally finished and made it's debut on my blog this past Monday.  It's my 1st Quilt Pattern, titled MAZED.  This is a finish that I am very proud of and hope that the Quilting Community likes it to. 




You can read more about this quilt and see more photos here.  If you'd like to get a copy of this pattern, either hardcopy or PDF, head to my Etsy store by clicking on my logo below.


That's it for this edition of WIP Wednesday.  Thanks for visiting!



7 comments:

CityHouseStudio said...

Your Mazed quilt looks so cool!
Congratulations on writing a pattern!

Shanna said...

Congrats on your first pattern!! It looks like a fun quilt :o)

Patti said...

Great work, and I really love the AMH fabric. Congratulations on your pattern. It is fantastic.

Kelly said...

Love your Mazed quilt. Congrats on your first pattern release.

Katie said...

Your pattern is fantastic!! How exciting to publish your first pattern!

Beth said...

I love it! Congrats on your first pattern.

Teresa F. said...

Great projects. Love your Mazed quilt, awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...