Sunday, February 26, 2012

Quilt Done...Registration Complete

If you are a Quilter, you have undoubtedly heard of the International Quilt Market and Festival.  Well, during each of these enormous events, there is always an accompanying Quilt Show.  This year, Quilts Inc, collaborated with The Modern Quilt Guild to create a special showcase exhibit just for modern quilts.  The Call for Entries opened in January and closes this Friday, March 2nd. 

As soon as I heard about this event, I knew that I wanted to try my hand at a professional exhibit; but wondered if I had the ability and lets be honest, time to get something made.  Well, I am proud to say that I finished just in time to take some photos and officially submit my entry and registration.

With my Dad's help, he rigged up a makeshift rod and hooks on his garage; which proved to be an excellent backdrop.  Now, the photos that I submitted had to be cropped, a certain size, and all that jazz; but let's be honest...you don't want to see those photos.  Honestly, I'd rather show you my hands-down favorite shot of the 50 something that I took this afternoon.




This is what a quilt should be doing...if it's not keeping someone warm, it should be blowing in the wind.  Oh, and P.S....I named this quilt Chocolate Covered Strawberries.  The red hues and dark raspberry-nearly-chocolate color mixed with hints of green "leaves" reminds me of that delectable summer treat.

6 comments:

Texas JennyWren said...

Beautiful quilt. The title says it all!! OF course they will select you for their exhibit!!

Splendorfalls said...

Best of luck!! Turned out great!

Jamie Mueller @ SunFlower Seeds said...

Love it Kristy! Fingers crossed :)

Nancy said...

Great choice of colors and name... I'll keep my fingers crossed too..

Jackie Russell said...

Wishing you the best of luck at the quilt show. Love the quilt name!

Ree said...

So cool. Good work! I'm getting to be a fan of solids!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...