Monday, February 27, 2012

Hello My Name is...

Kristy and I have a problem, I'm addicted to cute little Pouches.  I blame the STLMQG (St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild) for my addiction.  You see, the Members Swap Committee started a Pouch Swap.  We swapped names secretly at February's meeting and are to make a pouch for our Partner and bring it to next month's meeting. 

I found some cute fabric, cut some shapes and created this one.  I didn't use a pattern, just my knowledge of construction and working with zippers.  I added some extra topstitching and a few little X-Stitches. 


Then I made this one, trying out a box tutorial found here.  Although the size is small, and I'd add some pulls to the end if I make it again...overall it's super cute and I tried a new to me tutorial.


Then this happened...


...yep, that would be eight little coinpurses that I made using this tutorial. Now before you think that I've come down with some sort of strange sickness, you must know that my work is having a little employee-only craft fair/rummage sale this Friday. These little coinpurses are super-easy to put together and I thought it would be fun to add them to the other things I'm bringing.

As for the STLMQG Pouch Swap, I'm still unsure exactly what I'm going to make; but at least I've got some practice under my belt.  Now, if I can only find somewhere to buy zippers because I only have a couple more in my stash and forking over nearly $2 a piece isn't economical.


4 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

http://www.etsy.com/shop/zipit

I buy mine here!

Jamie Mueller @ SunFlower Seeds said...

They look great Kristy!

Hannah said...

I was going to tell you about the same shop that MC mentioned. Cheapest place I've ever found zippers, tons of colors, and wonderful customer service.

Jackie Russell said...

Cute pouches! I have to check out this zipper link now.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...