Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catching Up

My sewing machine has really been getting a workout over the last week or so...and clearly I haven't had lots of time to blog about what's been going on...so here it goes.

The TRUST Circle of do.Good.Stitches started back up again, after a month of catch-up/holiday madness.  This month's Bee Mama asked us for Wonky Stars...the design and amount per block was up to you.

Block #1

Block #2


Next up is my progress for the For The Love of Solids Swap.  This is the progress shot that I took on Sunday morning and by Sunday evening I had a complete bag waiting for a strap.  I have the strap, just need to get the hardware.



The other quilting project that has been taking up alot of time recently is my hopeful submission for the Quilts, Inc. MQG Showcase.  The due date is March 2nd and while the quilt came together fairly quickly, the quilting has been what slowed me down.  Since this quilt was created just for the Quilt Show, it was very important to me that I did my best work and that includes the quilting...which to be honest is usually an afterthought in most of my work.  Not because I don't think it's important; but because I only know 2 types of stitches...straight-line and curvy-line.  I don't freemotion although I need to start practicing.  After asking my fellow STLMQG members what type of marking instrument they use to draw their quilting lines, I got to work and am creating "Echo-style" quilting lines around the pops of color.  The sneakpeek below doesn't do the colors or the quilting justice.



Finally, if you remember this post that I wrote some weeks ago announcing that I was in the midst of creating a handful of Quilt Patterns.  Well, I'm happy to say that last night...yep, last night...I finally finished the 1st official draft of my first pattern, titled MAZED.  I'm in the process of recruiting some Pattern Testers to work out any bugs and help with thought process; because if you know me, you know that when I write I like to ramble on sometimes.  I'm still shooting for a Spring release and hope to have some fun activities planned to celebrate the occasion.  If you'd like to get in on the fun, just let me know...hint, hint, nudge, nudge





4 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

All looks good! Best of luck with the submission and the pattern!

Nancy said...

writing patterns is HARD WORK!! I used to test quilt patterns for another designer...and not only is it hard to write, but it's also hard for the tester to JUST follow the directions and not assume anything...lol Good Luck to you... if I can help in any way, just let me know..

Jackie Russell said...

Love the wonky stars! I can't wait to hear more about your pattern too! I'm not a pattern reader I usually look at the pictures. :) If you have any problems recruiting some pattern testers let me know. I can have my DD look at the pattern too she is just starting to sew. For some reason the last two pictures are blocked (I'm sure it is on my end) so I'm hoping to see them on Flickr.

alli b said...

I'm also in the For the Love of Solids Swap and adore the progress shot you posted. i can't wait to see the finished product!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...