Wednesday, January 25, 2012

WIP Wednesday 1-25-2012

Here I am participating in WIP Wednesday over on Freshly Pieced and this time I have lots to show you.



Let's start with my progress on the Swoon blocks I'm making as part of Katy's Swoon-Along.  I've now completed Block #2 and it's looking good.  This one went together a lot faster then Block #1 did, because I didn't think too hard about where the prints were going to go, I just grabbed what I needed and started piecing.

I haven't decided how many of these I'm going to make just yet.  The pattern calls for 9 of them; but as I mentioned before these measure 24" wide.  I'm considering just making 4 of them and using wider sashing and a border to make a larger quilt.  I'm in no rush though.

**********************************

I'm participating in the Fab Little Quilt Swap over on Flickr.  It's a swap where you make and exchange "Doll Quilts" with another participant.  The quilts measure anywhere from 12"x12" to 24"x24".  I'm excited to be participating; but nervous all at once too.  You see, it's an Invite-Only Swap and I kinda thought they were kidding when I received the email a few weeks ago.  Me...You are asking me to join? 

We got our Partners last week and I've been doing lots of detective work.  On Sunday, I had a plan; but not the kind of plan that you can put down on paper; since it was Improv-and you can't plan for that.  Monday, I finally started pulling some fabrics together, piecing, then cutting them into wedge shapes. 


I haven't decided on the final layout; but I like what I'm seeing.

**********************************

The STLMQG (St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild) is in the midst of our Charitable Project for the Fall/Winter season; which is making pillowcases as part of the American Patchwork & Quilting, 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge

This past weekend, I made 2 pillowcases, using this tutorial.  OMG!  It literally took me 15 minutes to make a pillowcase.  The process seems weird as you appear to be sewing things inside out; but it's amazing and super fast.  You have to try it.


I've got a few other larger fabric cuts in my stash that I can surely part with, as our guild's goal is 150 pillowcases by February's meeting.  At last count we are over half-way there. 

**********************************

I don't know what I was thinking when I thought up this brilliant idea; but I'm making itty-bitty hexies.  How itty-bitty...can you say smaller then a Dime.  Yep, as you can see from the photo below, I'm nuts. 


At our last STLMQG meeting, we decided to do a quick swap based off of Nova's "Itty-Bitty Magnets".  The finished size of the magnets should be about 1 1/2".  I was struggling with what to make when I came across the PinCushion that I created as part of Fat Quarterly's last Designer Challenge.  Sure...why not try hexies. 
*********************************

As you can tell, it's busy around here.
 
If you are visiting my blog for the first time...Welcome! 
If you are a regular...Thanks for checking in, nice to see you again!

3 comments:

Sue Daurio said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE your swoon block. I'm gonna have to cave in a make a few of these, yours is stunning!

Jessica said...

Love your swoon block Kristy! I think I need a scrappy swoon pillow :-) And those hexies are just adorable, and TINY!!1

Moneik said...

The swoon block looks awesome!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...