Wednesday, January 11, 2012

WIP Wednesday 1-11-2012

So last week, I participated in the first Work In Progress WIP Wednesday of the year, over at Freshly Pieced.  This is week #2, and I'm gonna try to keep it up.



I'm proud to say that I've made lots of progress on my 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 in squares that I showed you all last week.  I've been combining them into awesome little blocks and I'm really looking forward to putting those blocks together.  Unfortunately I can't share with you what I'm making; but in due time it will all come together.

I let go of one of my WIP Skeletons, the orange/brown quilt from my post the other day.  A friend rescued it, so that's one less thing hanging around gathering dust.  It has a good home and I don't have to worry about it anymore. Thanks Jenny!

I'm Swooning it up, along with like 300+ others as part of Katy's Swoon-Along over on Flickr.  I've finished 1 block and have 8 more to go.  If you scroll down to the previous post you can read all about  my attempts at resisting the Swoon.


I don't want to let you go without sharing a new photo...even if it isn't a WIP.

I found the below piece of fabric at a thrift store a few weeks ago.  It was all folded in on itself; but the few bright colors I could see, I figured it was worth the 79 cents.  Turns out that it's a drapery fabric from the 1920s/30s, that was printed in the UK.  The basecloth is a linen.  Don't you just love the bright colors?  The selvedge edge is actually still attached and says Puritan Doulton Cretonne.


Can you imagine having curtains like this hanging in your home?

Don't forget, to visit Freshly Pieced to check out what others are doing on this WIP Wednesday.

6 comments:

fallingforpieces said...

Love the scrappy swoon!

Something Wilde said...

I'm swooning! Well, not technically swooning like you are. I'm just swooning over your swooning block! Awesome!

Kelly said...

That is one fab swoon block! I am trying to resist the Swoon-along but everytime I see another gorgeous block...

Patchwork and Play said...

Your fabric could be well worth more than 79 cents! Check this out...
http://www.ktaylor-lotus.com/pages/3611/E06-3249.htm

Marg said...

Great scrappy swoon with the background fabric you've chosen.
That fabric piece is amazing, what a fabulous find.

Nicola said...

Always great fun when you find a bargain. A fabulous addition to you stash.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...