Sunday, January 8, 2012

Do you Swoon?

I caved...I gave into temptation.  Damn you Swoon.

It's not that I didn't like you, it's just that everyone and I mean everyone seemed to be going Ga-Ga.  You are a lovely pattern and yet I didn't want to be just another lemming.  I enjoyed watching from the sidelines, as scores of Swoon quilts popped up on Flickr and Pinterest last year.  Yet, I resisted.

That was until I saw that Katy was hosting a Swoon-Along.  You can find the details here on Flickr...maybe you resisted temptation too; but let's be honest Resistance is Futile!  Hahahaha

So you want to know what my Swoon is going to look like, eh?

Well, it's gonna be scrappy and what I'm most excited about is what I chose for the background.  I was out on Saturday looking for some grey fabric (never found it) when I came across a small pindot print.  As soon as I saw it, I knew that was going to be the background for my Swoon quilt. 

Of course, due to my excitement, I had to jump in and get started...ya, know (just to see what it would look like).  After I got a third of the pattern done, I knew I hit gold and had to finish. 

I give you Block #1.



Isn't it so freakin cute?

Now, I don't know how quickly I'm gonna finish the rest of the blocks; because I think the speed with which I've finished this 24" block was a fluke; but I'm sure gonna try.

Wish me luck...

10 comments:

Debbie said...

Your scrappy swoon looks great! When I made my swoon quilt, every block became my new fav! There're addicting!

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

Wishing you good luck with your swoon along. This block is so bright and cheerful. The background fabric you chose shows if the colours beautifully.

Splendorfalls said...

It's just lovely! It's going to be a GREAT quilt!

notes of sincerity said...

Love your swoon block!! Those polka dots as the back ground are precious!! I joined the swoon along too. :o)

Me? A Mom? said...

I love the idea of using a pattern as the background. What a fun way to swoon it!

Cindy said...

Oh, I love that you tried something different with it! Love it!

Sarcastic Quilter said...

This is a great block! Your description of participating is exactly how I've been feeling and yet, today, I officially joined. I'm loving your scrappy block. I've yet to learn how to put together my scraps into something that makes me grin but thank you for the inspiration. I'll be Pinning that baby! :)

Sheila said...

Gorgeous! I used a pindot as a background this past summer and loved the results, so you won't be sorry! I'm looking forward to seeing this baby unfold. :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Good luck...it's amazing!

DangAndBlast! said...

Ooh I like it better scrappy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...