Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ahemmmm....Can I please have your attention

This announcement has been a long time coming and while I usually don't like to make a big deal out of things...especially personal things; but Gosh Darn It!  I'm gonna make a big deal out of this annoucement.  So here it goes...

This Spring you'll be able to buy my first Quilt Pattern. 

Whew! I said it out loud and lightning didn't strike...that's a good sign.

So how did this come about?  Well last year, I tipped my toes in the Designing water when I created this quilt as part of a Challenge issued to our STLMQG by Fabric Designer, Laura Gunn.  Two weeks later, the Puzzled Quilt was born and was later featured on Moda BakeShop.  About a month or so later, the stars must have aligned as a sudden surge of inspiration hit me and I drew up a handful of new designs.  

The designs fit together so nicely and compliment one another that my first thought was that I should try and write a book...Hahahaha!   Go Big or Go Home, right? 

Well, that vision lasted for a few weeks and then reality set in.  In the end, it just wasn't the right time for me to even attempt such a thing.  Yet, that doesn't mean that I gave up.  Actually, the exact opposite happened, I actually became more excited about writing and distributing my patterns the ol' fashioned way -by myself. 

I'm also considering submitting something to Moda Bakeshop again, trying for a magazine, or any other ideas that come my way.  So, if you have any ideas let me know.

I really think that you all will like the designs that I have created (a handful of people have seen them and have given me a Thumbs Up; which makes me smile).  I can't wait to share them with all of you.

***********************

So, where am I at right now?

I just recently finished the first quilt top.  YAY!!!   In tandem, I've been working on the pattern writing, making tweeks here and there.  The first rough draft is done; but I really need to spend some time with it before I bribe Family and some Quilty-friends to look at it and test it out.

Like the announcement above said, I'm aiming for a Spring reveal of my 1st pattern and there will definately be some giveaways to go with it.

***********************

A BIG Thanks to my Family and Friends who has been supportive of my craziness the last few months as I tackled what I was going to do.

7 comments:

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

woo-hoo!! Congratulations!! This is certainly wonderful news.

Lynne said...

Woo-hoo!!! Fan-TAS-tic! Well done, Kristy! So glad you stuck with it!

Mel said...

Great news! Congrats!

Nancy said...

WOW...how exciting!! You are gonna be REAL famous one day!! And I will be telling people.."oh, she was always nice! She was that nice even before she was famous.." HA HA HA HA HA

Cindy said...

Good for you, Kristy! MBS and magazines sure do give you some good exposure so it's worth a try!

Gina said...

That's outstanding news, Kristy! Can't wait until the big reveal in the spring.

alli b said...

I found your blog through WIP on Freshly Pieced and am so glad I did. I look forward to seeing your patterns and designs. I would suggest (though you've probably already done so) that you have people test out your patterns for you. a beginner, intermediate and advanced quilter - that way they might find any areas that need further explanation or clarification. I wish my MIL was still in St Louis I would have to ld her to look into your MQG for sure.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...