Sunday, December 18, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

I have to be honest...I feel cheated.  I really enjoy this time of year, preparing for the Holidays, trimming the tree, baking cookies, hanging with family and getting in the Holiday Spirit; but my work schedule the last month has meant that I've missed out on alot of that and I'm sad :-(

The good news is that the next few weeks are guaranteed to be better and I plan on taking full advantage of it.  I even started sewing again; and judging by how much I got done in a short amount of time...you can tell that I've been missing out.



I've been itching to try this coinpurse pattern by Freshly Picked, gently altered by Me? A Mom? allowing me to include a lining as well.  It went together super fast and as you can tell by the next picture...I might have gotten a little carried away.


----------------------------------------------------------

This has been on the To-Do list for a while and will eventually become part of a larger quilt for someone.  For now I'm glad that I tackled this project...even if I had to use my Seam Ripper on probably a quarter of the seams.  Sometimes Paper Piecing boggles me; then I get 3 good seams and then 2 bad ones.  

If you'd like to make your own Hogwarts Crest, or over 50 other Harry Potter-inspired blocks...you must check out Owlsea's Patterns.  Fortunately for me, this is the one and only HP block that I am making, the rest of the quilt will be scrappy. 


Well my weekend is coming to a close.  I'm gonna spend some time with the twinkling lights on my tree; before calling it a night.  Happy Holidays!!

5 comments:

Lynne said...

Holy Hogwarts, Dumbledore! Check that OUT! FANTASTIC! Heading to Owlsea's website soon, looks like.

And, do I sense a smidge of magic "Mary Claire" dust over there? LOOK at all of those zipper pouches! Pro-duc-tivity at its finest!

So jealous. Spent my weekend grading papers and crushing dreams. You know... The usual. Ha. :)

Way to go!

Stitching By A Cornish Sea Shore said...

I like your fabric choices for the purses, so bright and happy. Wishing you a merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year.

Splendorfalls said...

Wouldn't it be awesome if I passed my multiplicity germs on to someone else and then found myself 'cured'? It could happen right?

Awww who am I kidding, I'm currently making five of something.

Be warned: it's contagious, but incurable. ;)

Jessica said...

I LOVE that Hogwarts block! You did a great job! I've been missing out on Christmas too but luckily I'm going home today - and taking a week off from everything school-related :) Merry Christmas!

Color Laser toner cartridges said...

I love you pockets :) Its perfect of what I'm planning ti give this New Year :)..POCKETs are for lucky starting ...

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...