Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

While I'm thankful everyday that I was born and raised in the United States of America, I'm also very proud to say that my Dad is a Veteran of the Vietnam War (101st Airbourne).

He tells us stories now and again about his buddies, the things they did without and the way that they were treated upon returning home.  We joke around with him now and again when activities like "Laser Tag" or "Hunting for Easter Eggs in the Dark" are brought up. 

Watch out, Dad will go into " 'Nam Mode" 

He likes playing War games on XBox and yells at the screen when the other players do stupid things.

If you did that in real life, you'd have your head shot off

He's still a kid at heart and would give a stranger the shirt off his back.

My family tells me I'm alot like my Dad, and you know what...I'm okay with that.


----- Go Hug a Veteran Today -----

3 comments:

Cherry Red Quilter said...

What a lovely post - you are so lucky to have your dad and he you!

Splendorfalls said...

Thanks to your Dad!!

Lynne said...

Great post, Kristy. Many thanks to your Dad and his fellow veterans, on all our behalf.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...