Sunday, October 16, 2011

Corn + Quilt = Autumn Weekend

My Sister, Sister-In-Law and I headed to a Corn Maze this weekend.  One of my Sister's little life goals was to run through a corn-field.  We figured this was almost the same thing.


I guess I had grand visions of getting lost admist the stalks; but in reality it only took us about 15 minutes and wasn't that challenging.  Boo! This is not to say that we didn't have fun, because seeing my Sister "go all ninja" on the grasshoppers (which she hates) was entertaining enough.

The 3 of us then hopped on the Hay Ride that was leaving and enjoyed a nice ride around the farm.  We then got up close and personal with a pony, a calf, sheep and some kids (the goat-kind, not the human-kind).

-------------------------------------------------------------- 

We visited an Antique Mall that was was about 3 miles down the road, where I found this old quilt for $20. It's hand-pieced, hand-quilted and fits nicely in with the other antique quilts I've been collecting.


--------------------------------------------------------------

Hobby Lobby is where I picked up this wood-like decorative cube, it sits nicely in with my studio's decor.
 


And while I had my camera out, I took a few other random shots around my studio...


How was your weekend??

3 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

At least you weren't this family who got stuck in a corn maze and called 911. The 911 call is hilarious. "Hello K-9!!!"

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/10/13/family-calls-911-after-getting-stuck-in-corn-maze/

Nancy said...

You know I've never been through a corn maze...need to add that to my bucket list..

Love the cube and the old chair..

Splendorfalls said...

Sounds like the perfect weekend!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...