Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Black & White LUV

I know that I'm not alone in loving Black & White fabric.  I nearly had to beat off two potential thieves at the STLMQG Sew-In this past Saturday, because I was working on my newest project.

I have been wanting to make a Black & White quilt for years and have slowly been collecting interesting pieces here and there.  One never really knows how much Black & White fabric they need for a quilt, so I just continued to collect it...until I finally had all of this.


A few weeks ago, I finally made my mind up and decided to make Elizabeth Hartman's "Snapshots" quilt from her book The Practical Guide to Patchwork.

I started cutting strips of fabric, until I sort of said to myself that I had enough.  Let me tell you...it didn't make a dent in the above stash.  I way OVER-estimated how much fabric I would need to buy.  I guess I'll be able to make multiple Black & White quilts :-)

During the STLMQG Sew-In, I began sewing the strips together into groupings and then subcut them accordingly.  By the end of the day, I was able to finally piecing 1 block together.

They have gone together very quickly and since then, I have pieced 20 blocks and run out of strips to sew together.  So I have a decision to make, is 20 enough??  I'll have to lay it out and see if I want to break out the rotary cutter and start cutting strips again.

In the meantime, here is what they look like:




Ladies (you know who you are) Hands off....hehehehe

5 comments:

Sharon Pernes said...

I made my daughter a black and white quilt and plan on makingnone for my niece too. Plus I am in a civil war double block of the month club and am using black white and pink to make it modern. I love black and white quilts, can't wait to see yours.

Nancy said...

I can't wait to see it all complete...you've been busy! I haven't even unpacked...

Splendorfalls said...

It's gonna be a good one! Can't wait to see it!

Lynne said...

Ach! You're KILLING me! Probably best I don't know where you live (or at least, couldn't find it without getting massively LOST... Ha).

Looks GREAT! Very jealous... My machine's still in my suitcase. :)

Jackie Russell said...

This is going to look great! Love B&W quilts.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...