Thursday, August 18, 2011

Lots Going On ( Quilts, Swaps, New Bee)

Alot has happened these last few days and I'd like to recap some of that here.

First off, I did a little cleaning and came across these Bee Blocks that the Simply Strings bee members made for me back in November of 2010. 



After laying them out I discovered that I really only needed 3 more blocks to round out the quilt.  So, I got to work, pulling scraps and piecing the last 3 together.

Today, I sewed them all together, here's a sneakpeek.



It might be tomorrow, or it might be a few more weeks until I actually sandwich, baste, quilt and bind this; but at least I'm making some progress.

----------------------------------------------------

Next on the list is the Make Mine Modern Swap (otherwise known as MMM swap).  This is my 2nd time participating in this swap and I do like it because you aren't locked into making anything in particular.  Plus, you are always guaranteed a surprise or two.

I received my package from Susan, all the way in Alberta Canada.  It was like she took a tour of my head, this package could NOT have been any more perfect. 

It all starts with this amazing "Paper Shredder" quilt, inspired by the one found in the newest Stitch Magazine.  I remember seeing that magazine and actually thought to myself...I LUV this.  I think Susan can read minds. 



Um, the quilt was more then enough; but when I opened the other tissue-wrapped goodies, I was blown away.  Inside was an adorable little pouch filled with sewing notions and thread, 2 Quilter's Home magazines and the cutest little pinnie I have ever seen. 



Yeah, it's a Voodoo Doll...it's awesome!!!


 

Each MMM swap package also includes 1 1/2 yds of fabric, she sent me 3 prints from Michael Miller's Citron Grey collection...yummy!!

Susan, if you are reading this...THANK YOU!!!!  It's all too much and I LOVE each and every bit.

--------------------------------------------------------

Finally, I received a wonderful email this afternoon from Rachel over at Stitched In Color.  I had signed up to participate in the do. Good Stitches bee some weeks/months ago; but at the time they were at capacity and didn't need any more Stitches, only Quilters.  Having not participated in this bee before I didn't want to take on a Quilter role right away.  If you haven't heard of the do. Good Stitches bee, it is a charity bee.  Within the bee itself there are 11 groups with names such as Cherish, Inspire, Peace, etc...all of which make quilts for a particular charity. 

Today, I got the call that a new group (#12) has been created called Trust.  All the quilts Trust makes will benefit My Very Own Blanket, a nonprofit group that distributes blankets to children in Foster Care.  Our bee starts up in September, I can't wait.

do. Good Stitches {a Charity Bee}

2 comments:

Me? A Mom? said...

I love that quilt too! Be sure to bring it to guild; i want to examine the block construction!

The do. Good. bee is such an amazing concept. Congrats on being a part of it.

Splendorfalls said...

You are a busy lady! Nice swap! Enjoy the bee; it's a fun one!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...