Monday, August 22, 2011

DQS11 Received

You might remember the post that I wrote last week about the Doll Quilt that I made for the DQS11 swap over on Flickr.  Well today I opened up my mailbox and inside was a package...what?  I ran down the quick list of swaps in my head to see what I could possibly be expecting. 

The only thing that I could think of was the Doll Quilt.  I got inside, put down my keys and grabbed the scissors.  I didn't even look to see who it was from, just ripped open the large envelope and seriously said "Noooooooo Way!"

Look what was inside...


The most intricate field of hexagons that I could ever imagine.  I found the card inside and opened it up to discover that it was from none other then Jessica (sewcraftyjess); whom is the Mama of the Simply Strings Bee that I'm a part of. 

Here's a closer look at the Doll Quilt that she made.


Isn't it wonderful?

Then to top it all off, she made a hexi-pincushion, included some pieces of Sunkissed fabric (because she did her homework and knew that I love word fabric).  Plus 2 notepads and 3 sets of cute buttons.

All for me :-)

I couldn't ask for a better Monday,  Thanks Jessica!!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

That doll quilt is amazing...love it! I'm jealous of your goodies. LOL

Cindy said...

I saw that on her blog and wondered who the lucky recipient would be. It's gorgeous and couldn't have a nicer home!

Splendorfalls said...

yay for a good swap!

Nancy said...

That is amazing! Lucky girl...

Cherie said...

Such lucky lady!

Jessica said...

I'm so so glad you like it Kristy!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...