Wednesday, May 18, 2011

My 1st Presentation on Modern Quilting

I was invited by the wonderful people of the Circle in the Square Quilt Guild to make a presentation on Modern Quilting to their membership this evening.  My program was titled "Modern Quilting: The Ins & Outs of this new movement".

I prepared a PowerPoint, wrote everything down that I wanted to say, had some quilts to show (thanks to some girls from the STLMQG) and I raided my studio for fabric, books, etc. 

When it came time to give the actual presentation, I ended up winging it instead and ignoring my notes completely.  Turns out that I do better without them, and it also seems that once you get me talking about Modern Quilting...it's kinda hard to get me to shut-up.  I don't know how long I actually talked for, so forgive me ladies if I ran over :-)

It was the 1st time in like forever that I had given a Presentation, and while I'm still getting used to being at the "Head of the Class" during my own STLMQG meetings.  It's certainly all good practice and from what I hear, I'm doing a Good Job!

There were some good questions and comments from the audience, and the overall atmosphere was pretty  interactive.  It looked like a handful of photos were taken too, so when I get ahold of them, I'll share them with all of you.  Update: I got some photos.


 Yep, that's me...talking with my hands :-)

 Here we are admiring Cara's quilt

The quilt on the table is Mary Claire's.
Thanks to Cara, Mary Claire, Juli Ann and Elizabeth for letting me borrow their quilts.

Below is some information I promised the group I would post here on my blog.

If you are a part of another guild/group and would like me to make a similiar presentation, please let me know.  I would love to do this again.  You can reach me here and we can work out the details.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
All of the items belong are links, so click on them individually.

This list is not at all comprehensive; but it's a great starting point for those interested in Modern Quilting.

The Modern Quilt Guild
The St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild
Flickr
Blogger

Amy's Creative Side
Cluck, Cluck, Sew
Red Pepper Quilts
{House} of A La Mode
Handmade by Alissa
Tallgrass Prairie Studio
Anna Maria Horner
Jaybird Quilts
Oh, Fransson!
Stitched in Color
Two More Seconds

Here's some online shops where you can find Modern Fabric, again...not all of them; but a start
Fat Quarter Shop
SewMamaSew!
Hawthorne Threads
Pink Chalk Fabrics
FabricWorm


If you click on my Blogs/Links tab above, I have others listed too.

Thanks Again!!!

4 comments:

Lynne said...

Congrats! Glad to hear it went well! :)

Nancy said...

oh, I bet you were wonderful!! Do you charge?

Kristy said...

Lynne-Thanks!!!

Nancy-I'll work with each group on an individual basis to work out a program that best suits both of our needs.

NV said...

Been meaning to tell you how awesome it is that you have used your talents to spark so much activity.

KUDOS!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...