Thursday, May 5, 2011

Fast & Furious Quilt...Will I Finish in Time??

I've made alot of progress on my quilt that is due next Wednesday.  I cut out all 360+ pieces of the quilt Sunday and Monday...thank goodness for the Rotary Cutter.  Tuesday, I started sewing the pieces together.  Suprisingly, the blocks went together super fast and I finished 18 yesterday and the final 18 tonight.  Keep in mind this is with working on it about 2 hours each evening.

I laid everything out on the floor and played around with the color placement before making the final decision, and slowly picking the rows up one at a time. 

My plan is to start sewing them together Friday.  My STLMQG has a Sew-In all Saturday...can you guess what I'll be working on??

Here's some sneak peeks.

Here's the left-over scraps from the FQs I selected


Here's 1/2 of the blocks stacked all nice...just waiting to play


You thought I was really going to show you this...aww, aren't you cute.

Don't worry, once the quilt is done and handed off on it's journey to Quilt Market, I'll get started on a free-tutorial so you can make your very own. 


2 comments:

Lynne said...

Kristy, you're killing me! It's final exams week here, so aside from being chained to my desk grading, I've accomplished little more than washing/pressing the fabric and cutting/sewing enough fabric for a prototype of each of the six blocks I need. (Only 36 more, basting, backing, quilting and binding to go...)

No problem, right? ;)

Procrastinators 'R Us!

Jackie Russell said...

I wish I could make it to the STLMG to get a peek at your quilt. Looking forward to the tutorial.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...