Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Swapping Integrity Pledge

One of the first things I did when I joined Flickr last year was create a quilting bee titled: Sew Scrappy Sew Happy.  At the time, there wasn't a bee that was looking for members so I just jumped into making my own.  It might have seemed crazy, being a newbie and all; but I weighed my options and in the end knew that I would be the best Bee Mama that I could be.  We hit a few snags along the way as we lost 3 members in total throughout the months; but quickly gained some new awesome members to compliment the ones that stuck with us. 

Being one of the Moderators of Quilting Bee Blocks, I've seen this topic come up a time or two.  Bee members dropping out unexpectedly, some even having the audicity to skip out after their month was over, etc.  The absolute worst that I've encountered was when the Adminstrator herself left the entire group hanging without even a peep.  Yet, don't let any of this frighten you from joining a bee or swap...because these people are the minority and as you'll see the quilting community is "fighting" back.

Let's be honest, there are a handful of legitimate reasons why you might have to leave a bee or swap, and while there is sadness, most times there are no hard feelings if you contact the adminstrator of the bee/group to let them know ahead of time.  Other arrangements are usually made by Angels or replacement members can be found and things go back to normal. 

I recently saw a post from Cherie at Sew and So Quilts, who linked to Tiffany at Lower Columbia Modern Quilt Guild  is the creator of the Swapping Integrity Pledge. 

I'm taking the pledge, how about you?



Photobucket

1 comments:

Tiffany said...

Awesome post! I so hope more and more people will be serious and honest about their swaps/bees :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...