Saturday, March 26, 2011

Doll Quilt Swap & Just One Star

I'm participating in the Doll Quilt Swap, Round 10...which I was so happy to be a part of since the participants are chosen by a lottery system, and the level of talent is crazy amazing.  If you haven't heard of the DQS, I highly encourage you to check out their Flickr page.

This is the quilt that I made for my partner Elisa.  Her inspiration mosaic was filled with applique ideas, and while I had never done applique before, I figured I'd give it a try.  I am pretty pleased with how it turned out, and I learned alot of lessons along the way.


This is the quilt that I received from Kolleen.  She also included a few other goodies in the package which were just icing on the already delicious cake.


Once my studio is cleaned up (because it's kind of a mess right now), I'll be able to give it a proper spot on the wall.

In other news, I finished my bee block for the Simply Strings Bee.  The month of March belongs to LisaJan, who asked us to make a string block using a variety of blues/yellows, most of which she provided.



------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally I wanted to share with you something really great that is going on in the Quilting world right now. Moda Fabrics is challenging quilters all over the US, to participate in the Just One Star Project.  They have set a goal to donate 100 quilts to the Semper Fi Fund by June 14th (Flag Day); which is an organization that helps our U.S. Armed Forces and their families.

If you would like to help out, here is all the information you need to know.

I learned about this challenge at our last St. Louis Modern Quilt Guild meeting.  All members are being challenged to make a block and bring it to the April meeting.  Here's my contribution.



1 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

You've been busy!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...