Saturday, March 5, 2011

Destashing

So I came across 2 great Flickr groups yesterday called "Craft Room De-Stash (Let's Swap)" and Fabric Swap and it got me thinking. 
  • Do I have stuff in my fabric stash that I don't particularly need?  Probably...
  • Would I be willing to let go of a 1/4 or 1/2 yrd of something, if I had yardage of it?  Maybe...
  • Could I swap the above to get things that I would use in my stash?  Absolutely...
I pulled open the drawers of the filing cabinet (where I keep my fabric) and slowly started going through it.  I found pieces of fabric that I've held onto for years and when I say years, I do mean years.  They've moved from one house to another and even another and yet I've never cut into them.  If it's been that long, it's probably time to go.

Then I came across things where I was lucky enough to have bought 3-4 yards at the time and would certainly not mind swapping some of it.

I started taking pictures, measurements and uploading photos to the Group Pool.  Here's what I'm swapping.


You can click here or on the pic above to see my Fabric Swap Set.  And if anything catches your eye...let me know.  Here's the type of stuff I'm looking for; but am open to all possibilities too.

P.S.  If you know what the name of this fabric is, know where I can get more, etc...please let me know.

1 comments:

Splendorfalls said...

Swapping is so much fun! Plus you make friends with the post office folk! =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...