Sunday, February 20, 2011

Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap

One of the swaps I'm in is called the Spicing Up the Kitchen Swap.  The participants are supposed to make their partner something for the Kitchen, Dining Room, etc.  The groups Flickr pool is filled with sneak peeks of towels, table runners, potholders, etc. 

I knew right away what item I was going to make (centerpiece for the Dining Room table); but how it was going to look did a complete 180.  I started off with a Dresden Plate idea; but after working with it for a while, I wasn't loving where it was headed so I scrapped it.

I immediately started on Plan B and LOVED it right away.

Now this is a secret swap after all, so I can't tell you where it's going; but I want to share some photos with you.




I did have a few doubts, like when I used a washable pencil to mark the quilting lines on the white fabric.  The whole time I'm praying that the lines would come out...and of course was the reason why I had to wash this little puppy right away.  They did wash out thankfully, and an added bonus was that I got to see the nice wrinklely goodness.

As a small companion item, I made 2 coordinating Mug Rugs...adorable Mug not included.

2 comments:

Karenkay said...

It's lovely...and I really like the colors!

Erin @ two more seconds said...

This turned out amazing! Love it. I think it's even better that it's been washed because she gets to receive it in all its crinkly glory :]

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...