Saturday, January 22, 2011

Sewing Bee Saturday

I finished two blocks for my fellow bee members this past Saturday afternoon.  First up is Alison's hearts for the Simply Strings Bee.  We were able to get started on her month a little early since our January member was MIA. 

She sent us fabric strings; but asked if we could include at least 1 string from our stash because it "would be great to look at the finished quilt and not recognise at least one bit of fabric from each heart".  I think that sounds like a great idea.

Next up was Amy's block for the Sew Scrappy Sew Happy bee; which I moderate.  She asked us for a Bullseye block using the tutorial found here.  She sent us 3 honeybun lengths and some linen.  While she only asked for 1 block, I went ahead and made her 2...mostly because I enjoyed working with the Moda Arcadia that she sent.  It was so lovely.



That's it for my bee blocks...I won't have to make more of these until March; which is good because I have enough on my plate with all of the swaps I'm in.

1 comments:

Karenkay said...

The hearts are so cute and I really like the Bee Blocks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...