Monday, November 1, 2010

Modern Swappers - Part 1

I joined the Modern Swappers group on Flickr, and just in time to participate in the latest round.  This swap required that you make something you secret partner could use in their home, hopefully using some fabrics that are in their style. 

After doing some research I ended up buying some Joel Dewberry "Modern Meadow" fabric from SewMamaSew!. 


Inspiration finally hit and I immediately began cutting into the fabric.  I did some piecing and then auditioned some layouts and finally chose the below. 


This is my first time trying HST (Half Square Triangles) and it's going pretty good.  I'm halfway through the sewing and although there are a lot of points to match, I'm doing okay.

4 comments:

Janette said...

Beautiful fabrics. It is going to look wonderful.

alive said...

good luck. your blog is very good.

SplendorFalls said...

I hope to see this in person; looks great!!

Me? A Mom? said...

unrelated comment here... i resized my quilt along button in picnik and now it's gotten all temperamental and isn't showing up on your sidebar. Boo.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...