Monday, November 29, 2010

Busy, Busy Weekend Revealed

It is amazing what one can get accomplished when they set aside time to sew.  I made this cute little pincushion for my Modern Swappers partner.  It's made from Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow fabrics, using a pattern from Heather Bailey which I found in a Quilts and More magazine.


Now that the easier thing was finished, I could start sandwiching my pieces and quilting the wall quilt that I was making...the larger of the items I would be sending to my Modern Swappers partner.  You may remember me first mentioning the fabrics and layout I had chosen here.  The top had been finished for a few weeks now and it was patiently awaiting it's turn on the machine. 


As you can see, it's time had finally arrived.  I just have to hand-sew the binding on and I'm done.

In other news, I received an awesome package in the mail on Saturday morning.  It was from my secret PTS4 Pillow Swap partner.  Inside was a box of seasonings for making Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo...which I LOVE.  Also included was this amazing pillow cover; which fit perfectly on the 20" pillow form which I had bought only a few weeks prior.


This is absolutely perfect!!!  The pattern is so cool and the fabrics she choose are right up my alley. 
I could not have asked for a more perfect addition to my decor. 

---------------------------------------------------
I'm sewing a few more things; but I don't want to reveal too much too soon.  All in due time readers...

2 comments:

Sabah said...

I love the meadow in blue for a pincushion ~ it's yummy!

Sarah Jane Barnett said...

Hi there. I'd love to recreate this quilt for my mother. Do you remember what issue the pattern was in? Thanks!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...