Thursday, October 28, 2010

Simply Strings Bee - My Month (November 2010)

Yep, I did it again...I joined another quilting bee.  This time it's all about String blocks and their variations.
My month is November of 2010, so I had to pick a block and prepare the fabrics which I was going to send to all of the other members.

It was quite hard to pull together a whole bunch of scraps; because you begin questioning if it's too much or not enough.  Here's what I did pull.


It's a whole bunch of scrappy prints from my stash which I either cut down into strips or else a handful of them were already scraps to begin with.

I also prepared the foundation and center strips.


I used a 6 1/2" square of Kona white for the foundation and an 1 1/2" strip of some sort of green Kona, sorry I don't know the name. 

Having made one of these blocks for an earlier quilting bee I at least knew how to put things together in their proper order.  I used the same tutorial from P.S. I Quilt, changing it up a bit since I used an actual fabric foundation rather then paper...hence, I won't be tearing away the foundation afterwards.

Here's what my block looked like when I was done.


It's very scrappy and I like it that way.  I'll be preparing the packages probably tomorrow and getting them in the mail this weekend.

1 comments:

SplendorFalls said...

It's awesome! I need to make some scrappy string blocks for sure!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...