Thursday, October 14, 2010

Lesson Learned

I was playing around on the Fresh Modern Quilts Flickr group the other day and came across a post written by Sara.  She mentioned how she was interested in making this "Metro Link" quilt.

Metro Link

Any quilter knows that when you are making such a scrappy quilt like this, you'll rarely if ever have enough variety if you use only fabrics from you stash.  So she put out a call, asking if anyone would be willing to swap some fabric scraps. 

I thought what the hell, I'll give it a go. So I contacted her and we exchanged information.  I packaged up my sandwich bag of scraps and sent it away.  Yesterday I got a package in the mail and let me tell you, I feel kind of bad.

Sara sent me all of this wonderful fabric.


There is so much here...and yet I only sent her a sandwich bag.  That's all we agreed upon.


I immediately contacted her and told her that there must be some sort of mistake and that I would mail her out another package this weekend with more scraps; but she insisted that she wasn't sure how much was enough so she over-packed.

Sara,  Thank you soooo much.  I hope you like the scraps that I sent you; but I'm sorry it couldn't compare to what you sent me :-(

1 comments:

SplendorFalls said...

I'm so behind on blog reading! I bought the same metro link pattern that you friend is making a month ago!

It looks easy, i hope it is!

Swapping scraps is a lot of fun, maybe we should keep that in mind for the mqg!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...