Monday, October 25, 2010

Destruction of Property

Nothing like politics to get me worked up...look what I found on my mailbox when I got home this afternoon.




WTF???  Yeah, that would be political literature that is literally stuck to my mailbox.  At first I thought it might be a magnet; but when I tried to take it off, well...you can see what happened.  After a few tries, I gave up as I didn't want to do any more damage then was already done. 

This is ridiculous!!  And I am FURIOUS!!  One of the first things I did when I bought my century-old house was to get a new mailbox and have it painted copper.  It coordinated with my home; but also brought added a little character to the street.  Now it's all f-d up because someone just had to make sure that I got their little piece of paper. 

At least the other politicians put their stuff IN the mailbox or rubberband it to the post. 

As soon as I walked through the door, I grabbed my camera and went outside to take some photos.  I immediately emailed the Wannabe State Representative asking what the hell he was going to do about this.  I also emailed St. Louis county just so they could be aware of what happened.

I'll certainly let you know what comes of this situation...if anything.  If I don't hear anything, I'm sending an email to Contact 2 or another news station.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

OMG...I would be furious too.. I'll bet Channel 2 would LOVE to get in on this... and I would demand a new mailbox...

Brige said...

Give em hell!


The USPS Domestic Mail Manual states that “no part of a mail receptacle may be used to deliver any matter not bearing postage, including items of matter placed upon, supported by, attached to, hung from, or inserted into a mail receptacle.” In other words, the mailbox may not be used for anything other than for pieces of mail with postage attached. The USPS Domestic Mail Manual goes on to states that it is a federal offense and there is a significant penalty for violating this law.

Brige said...

Look under....

mail receptacles

Domestic Mail Manual Index
http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/index.htm#wp1171930


Call your PO and call the political party again and inform them you will get the PO involved (remind them of federal laws for mailboxes) if they don't repair or replace your mailbox.


Good Luck

Sabah said...

Get 'em!

You're well within your rights And if everyone whose property was damaged demanded reimbursement, they'll know never to do it again.

Old House Lover said...

If worse comes to worse and your stuck with this (no pun intended) a hairdryer will help to warm the adhesive and make it less sticky and easier to remove.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...