Friday, February 5, 2010

Project Linus

I have to start this post in the beginning, you see I bought a "Granny Square Throw" kit on sale about 8 years ago and jumped right into the project. I made it about 12 rows in, when I lost interest. The work-in-progress or WIP made it's way into a plastic tub and sat, collecting dust. It made the move from one house to the next, only to sit on another shelf untouched.

Fast forward to 2010, where I came across an ad mentioning that Project Linus was going to collect blankets in late February.

For those of you who are new to Project Linus, here is part of their mission statment.
"It is our mission to provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer “blanketeers.”

I of course wanted to jump right in and get crocheting; but where to start. You see where this is going don't you...

Well, I finally finished the "Granny Square Throw".




Hopefully it doesn't take me another eight years to finish the next one.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I'm only 1/3 of the way done with mine!!! Looooong way to go before Blanket day! Yikes!
-bifftannen

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...