Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Holiday Movie Round-Up

So it's that time of year when the tube is filled with holiday movies of every variety, and the stores are jam-packed with gift sets. I thought I'd highlight a few of my faves...and not so faves, in no particular order.

What are your faves? Which can you do without seeing again? Did I miss any?

Must Sees
-White Christmas
-It's a Wonderful Life
-Love Actually
-Elf
-Santa Clause
-National Lampoon's Christmas
-Miracle on 34th Street (classic blk-wht edition)
-Home Alone 1
-A Charlie Brown Christmas
-Holiday Inn
-Fred Claus

Misses
-Christmas Story (just don't understand this cult classic)
-Rudolph (a classic; but I've seen it way too much)
-Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch...

2 comments:

NV said...

How can you "miss" the Grinch?! :-)
And I do like A Christmas Story though I don't get the 24-hour marathon showing each year.

I haven't seen the animated Grinch yet this year. My must sees also include many of yours PLUS Scrooge (Alistair Sim 1951 version) and Christmas in Connecticut. And, there's an old, old movie called "Beyond Tomorrow" that Channel 9 USED to show late on Christmas Eve but hasn't for a couple years. Like it, too. Corny, but in a good way.

There's also a silly Lifetime movie (I think it's theirs) with the first Mrs. Tom Cruise (Mimi Rogers) called The Christmas List that I enjoy, too. Oh, and I almost forgot Meet Me in St. Louis (for which we can be thankful for "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas.")

Victoria said...

My husband and I took time out to watch Home Alone 2- which is actually pretty Christmas oriented, even though you wouldn't think so. I will say it was much funnier when I was a kid. We watched a little bit of Elf too. A Christmas Carol with Jim Carrey was terrible, but I am with NV on this one, the original was great.

I will say its been a little frustrating this year, instead of them playing Its a wonderful life, or really any other worth seeing Christmas movies they are playing The Incredibles and Toy Story. Which aren't even Christmas oriented. I totally don't get that.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...