Wednesday, February 4, 2009

What can I say about 2009 so far

Let's see, it started off with spending 2 weeks in China, for work. During which time, I got sick and we all know that being sick (while away from home) is so much worse. All I wanted to do was curl up in a ball in my own bed, not some strange hotel room where I've been living for a week and half.

Then, the following week, we hear the news that the company I work for is looking to cut payroll and will be laying people off. At which time they proceed to give the option to leave "voluntarily" with a bigger severance then one would get if they were to be let-go. Every employee has 5 days to make this "voluntary" decision. I honestly believe that 5 days was cruel and unusual punishment, how can you decide your or your family's future in 5 days...especially in this economic environment. Nevertheless, many people took the offer and now the rest of us are in the process of waiting to see what will happen next.

So, needless to say, there hasn't been any work done on the house so far this year and probably won't be in the near future unless I were to get a tax refund.

I know many of you are in similar situations and I guess knowing that there are others out there, makes one feel not so alone. People have survived much worse.

1 comments:

NV said...

Man, I am so sorry to hear this. I will keep you in my prayers.

These are definitely tough times and I for one am grateful to still be employed, exceptionally happy to be busy, but smart enough to not get too comfortable.

I know it's hard, but try not to obsess over it. I keep telling myself that if it happens, I'll just have to find something else. Wouldn't be easy, but what options do you really have? :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...