Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Update

Question: What's new with you?
Answer: Well, let me see...
1. Insulated the sunroom floor
2. Installed new siding along sunroom crawlspace (photos coming this weekend)
3. Two attempted home invasions
4. Installation of more outdoor lighting
5. Installation of more locks
6. Security cameras are next

#1. I understand that a typical sunroom is really only good for 3 seasons; but our bunnies live out there and we need to keep them warm. We took extra measures by installing more insulation in the crawlspace underneath and although it's still chilly out there, I think it would have been worse without it.

#2 Along with the insulation, we removed all of the moldy boards and installed new wood. I'll write a separate post and include some photos. It won't be completely done until spring, when I paint everything white; but already it looks better.

#3 Yes, you read correctly and both happened when we were home, one of which was during the day. Needless to say, the police were called and they had their dogs out canvassing the immediate area. Nobody turned up.

#4 We installed more motion-sensor lights around the house. I already had two; but now I have four and the awesome thing...if there is anything awesome about motion-sensor lights is that the newest are solar powered. I'm impressed with their wattage, sensing circumference and of course that they aren't on the electric grid.

#5 More locks, enough said

#6 I have a security camera system which my brother bought for me at Christmas last year. It's not like I live in a crime-ridden area, it's just for peace of mind...you know "Little Brother looking out for his Sisters". Needless to say, now it's up.

So, that's been my last few weeks. Can you top that?

1 comments:

NV said...

I'm just glad to hear that the key word is "attempted." Sounds like you're doing all you can to stay safe. Hope it works!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...