Thursday, July 3, 2008

P.U.R.E. (People Using Renewable Energy)

P.U.R.E. is the program I have been participating in for a few months now through my electric company, AmerenUE.

Essentially, what happens is that 100% of my home's electrical usage is offset with clean renewable energy; which in the Midwest comes from wind power and other sources.

While my electric bill is modest due to the fact that I try not to be wasteful to begin with (turning off lights when I'm not in the room, using CFLs, etc), I wanted to make sure that even my modest energy usage wasn't wasteful. Generally, it cost me about $5-$15 a month to participate in this program, depending upon my usage for the month.

I know times are tough due to $4 gas, etc; yet if you can I highly recommend you inquire with your local energy company about similiar programs. It does make me happy to know that I am doing my part for the future.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

I was sad when I moved to a different town that doesn't hook into the windfarms here in Colorado... I can't wait until my city starts using it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...