Thursday, July 17, 2008

Most Changed Bedroom

I haven't lived in my house for an entire year yet; but there were certain things that just had to get done sooner then later. As my sister was moving in with me, I felt it only necessary to make sure that she had a liveable place, considering the disaster that was the room before.

Here is a before shot.

In some previous posts, I referred to the room as Alien since it reminded me of the cute little blue and green aliens from Toy Story.
Here is what was done:
  • Removal of chicken wire, yes I said chicken wire. It was part of the closet

  • Removal of sliding closet doors, broken door and framework

  • Moved 2 electrical outlets due to previous poor location

  • Several coats of Kilz, the absolute best primer in my opinion

  • Removal of nasty carpet

  • Removal of a handful of misc. screws, nails, picture hangers from the wall, since I could finally see them since they weren't blue and green anymore

  • Raise floor of closets to make them look more like built-ins.

  • Clean and paint window framework white

  • Recreate old style window trimwork and paint white

  • Paint everything

  • Lay down new, shiny hardwood floor

  • Recreate old style baseboards and paint them white

  • Hang blinds, curtains and move in furniture

So are you ready for the after shot.

It's like a completely different room isn't it.

This post was written for Houseblogs.net as part of a sweepstakes sponsored by True Value. You can find out more on the links I've provided above.

1 comments:

Jayne said...

WOW!! I remember reading one of your original posts on this room and laughing about the Alien reference. That paint was some of the ugliest I've ever seen. But now....Now it looks fabulous! I really like the wall color you chose and the floor looks great. Good job!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...