Tuesday, May 6, 2008

$3.69 ...can someone explain this to me??

How is it that gas can now be $3.69 a gallon. I understand the whole oil special interest-hands in the till thing, the US$ sucks in international markets, etc; but seriously when did this get out of control??????

After the Hurricane Katrina disaster, I can clearly remember the government stating that they would not stand for price-gouging. In all reality how is this any different?? Is there anybody seriously doing anything to stop this ridiculousness.

Plus, I'm tired of hearing companies using the high price of gas and the housing market as sales pitches for why you should shop with them.

When did this get so frustrating? and when will it ever stop?

3 comments:

Mike said...

I'm looking for a small scooter or moped now that gas topped $3.50 here. (I paid 3.57 today and needed 12 gallons)

I don't know how much more I can take. Maybe it's time to finally start making bio diesel, and pick up an old beater to drive around.

Jennifer said...

I'm actually surprised it costs so little right now since the price of crude oil is over twice what it was a year ago... we should have $5 a gallon gas if it followed the same trend. So glad it didn't!

That being said... I can't stand how the gas companies are making record profits right now of of OUR plight, and pouring the money into buying back stock. The LEAST they could do (fi they insist on charging that much) is put it into infrastructure and exploration to find or create MORE gas and energy sources instead!

Anonymous said...

I think it's basically the old supply and demand. Since China and India have come out of the dark ages and are now in the industrial age, they're sucking up a lot of oil. We never had to compete with them before. Plus, no one's exploring for new oil.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...