Monday, April 21, 2008

Yucca - Be Gone With You

In the photo below (from Summer '07), you can see near the left by the for sale sign a Yucca plant. This monstrosity was huge and took up probably 6 sqft of valuable front yard space. What bugged me besides that fact that it was a Yucca; was it's placement. It wasn't centered or lined up with anything and when you pulled out of the driveway, it was in your line of sight (most obnoxious).

Well, Sunday it had to go. My Dad took on the task of trying to put this Yucca in it's place. After about 30 hour of digging, he made the discovery. This location was a tree stump and someone in the previous owners' history decided to cover up the stump with a Yucca plant. I wonder how that conversation went?

We dug up what we could; but the plant had taken hold and the root system was enormous. I transplanted 1 large, 2 medium and 1 small piece in the backyard by the fence. Hopefully it will take hold; but if it doesn't I'm not sad. Because in all honesty, I'm not a Yucca fan.

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ha! I've been trying to think of what to plant on MY stump! Of course, mine is in the very corner of the yard... a nice place for something.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...