Thursday, March 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy

The past week or so, I've been busy trying to get the "Alien Room" in shape. I cannot even tell you how much better it looks. Thanks to the magical power of KILZ, the once hideous cave is now turning into a lovely bedroom.

Everything is painted and flooring has been purchased. Next on the agenda is to make a new window casing and hang the closet bars. After that is done, then it is off to flooring and all the trimwork.

When the room is done, I'll definately show you some before and after photos. I guarantee you won't believe your eyes.

3 comments:

Raven said...

I cannot wait to see the after pictures because the before ones were so horrific!

Yesterday, I saw a lady in a suit with the same dark blue and neon green colours and immediately dubbed her 'the lady in the alien suit.' I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Jennifer said...

Can't wait to see it... it will be QUITE the transformation!

Jacob said...

Wow I am so happy to see someone with enthusiasm when it comes to an old house. Here I am taking a break from ripping out plaster upstairs, and I came across your blog. I bought a 105yr old house in Washington, MO last year...and the house has caused a lot of ups and downs. I found old wallpaper in my house just like you. I thought I was the only person who actually appreciated finding old wallpaper. Finding hints to an old house's past is like finding buried treasure or something. I've found old newspaper written in German in-between the lathe, old playing cards, clothespins. I work at Lowe's in the cabinet department...so I get to marvel at other people's neat old kitchens/houses. My husband thinks I'm nuts. I can't help but wonder after seeing your alien room whether someone put those horrible colors on the walls...then immediately stood back and said "yesssss!" As a wave of satisfaction passed through them. The best of luck to you, seriously. I am very excited for you...and I feel for you at the same time.

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...