Monday, March 10, 2008

Alien Room Photos - I couldn't wait

Okay, Okay I know that I told you that the photos would be up this weekend; but I just couldn't wait any longer. As you may remember from my previous postings http://stlouisfolkvictorian.blogspot.com/2008/02/alien-room-revenge.html, this is what the room looked like before.

It was completely hideous and as one of my readers, Jacob, put it. "I can't help but wonder after seeing your alien room whether someone put those horrible colors on the walls...then immediately stood back and said "yesssss!" As a wave of satisfaction passed through them."

I certainly know that a wave of nausea passed through me every time I walked in there. So, I won't put this off any longer. I noticed that on some computers, the photos are dark, so adjust accordingly.

This is Before...




And this is After...



I absolutely love the window casing that we made, it's so simple but absolutely gorgeous and I find myself petting it whenever I walk past.


Here is a closeup of the workmanship...great, huh? It will be painted white to match the rest of the trim that is going in sometime soon.



Now, you may be wondering exactly what the color is on the two larger walls. It is a dark violet from Behr called Crowning (650C-7). A lovely regal name, don't you think. While the room does fill with daylight as you can see in the photos above, we didn't want to overwhelm the space by painting all of the walls this color. I think our decision makes for a lovely pop of color that this home certainly deserves.

As you may recall all of this was started because my sister is moving in with me this May, the Alien Room is now her pretty, newly-renovated bedroom.


I still sleep here...

Take special care to note the cow print wallpaper banner that is at the top of the wall. Lovely, don't you agree. The purple mess is where a big blue floor to ceiling cabinet used to reside. I will continue to taunt my sister with this until my room looks as wonderful as hers. HaHaHa!!!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love your window casing... I would love to see an upclose picture of the upper corners, too! It looks like it would be just perfect for our house!

Ethan said...

What a dramatic improvement. I really like the accent wall. Nice job.

Ethan One Project Closer

Fred said...

The transformation is great... I think alien rooms should stay on other planets.

Just wanted to let you know that you won the $10/off @ Home Depot giveaway. Send an e-mail to oneprojectcloser@gmail.com with an address to mail it to!

kitrainia said...

Wow! What a difference. I love the all the nooks and slanted walls too. Small spaces are so much fun. =)

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...