Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Kitchen Curtains

I don't know if I have really discussed the state of my kitchen. Here is a quick pro/con list.



PRO

-Alot of space, about 15x15

-Alot of cabinets

-Free Dishwasher (the PO left it in the house)

-Light above sink



CONS

-Only 2 small windows

-ugly, ugly, ugly...did I say ugly faux brick backsplash

-cheesy apple print wallpaper




Here is a photo of what it looked like during my walkthough. Nothing has really changed, except I moved in my stuff.
This is obviously on my ToDo list; but it is near the bottom. So, in the meantime, I need to embrass the ugliness; but that doesn't mean I can't add a little bit of sunshine.

A few weeks ago I decided to make some curtains for the 2 small windows that make up the corner above my sink. I still wanted to maintain some natural light, so I decided to go with cafe-style. I think they turned out pretty well and make living in the ugliness a little more bearable.

Here they are:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I too am in the process of buying a house with that crazy faux brick backsplash. Gotta love the 70's. Let me know what you decide to do about, i'm researching inexpensive ideas. thanks. Nicole- nqueen23@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Atleast you get to cover it up or remove it; my boyfriend & I are buying a house with the brick back-splash and he LIKES it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...