Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Space Solution

I have a dilemna, I would really like to maintain some of the historic charm of my old house; but I'd also like to add the modern touches that make it more liveable and convenient.

In the room that will be my Master Bedroom, I'm trying to decide what storage options are available to me. You see the room measure about 16x16 and has 10ft or taller ceilings. There are no closets and I'm trying to decide if I should build one or keep with tradition and use a Chiffarobe Cabinet. I grew up without closets and was used to the additional furniture. My wardrobe is quite small, so that's not really an issue. I love owning antiques, so I know that buying an old piece is always an option. My issue with building a closet is that I can't figure out how to make it look like part of the room and not just a bumpout from the wall. Since the ceilings are so high, I'm afraid of the massiveness too.

While it appears that I've already talked myself into the furniture instead, I'd love to hear your opinion on this? or if you have photos, etc to share.

1 comments:

BeccaMarie said...

Hello! I was just browsing through victorian houseblogs and found this post. We have a 1880 folk victorian. We have an original closet in the main bedroom. I actually posted about it a little bit ago. It may help if you're still trying to get some ideas. We are actually going to put one in the second bedroom that matches. Here's the link: http://ourmysteryhouse.blogspot.com/2007/09/victorian-closet.html
Hope that helps!

Post a Comment

Thanks for Commenting...so what do you think?
Love it, Hate it, Have a quick story to tell...